Swidget 1.0

Saturday, August 21, 2010

#21 - House of Popcorn

Ed and are camping right now (we left Thursday). It's my family's (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and cousin's kids) 3 day family reunion. We're in Northern Minnesota at a boy scout camp.

I love this reunion because it pulls everyone away from their technology (this was posted early) and their obligations. It lets everyone relax and spend time together with people we might not see very often.

We decided that one night we would have a movie night. Ed and I were put in charge. We were given the projector and speakers. Ed made sure everything worked properly. I decided to make popcorn for the movie night. I spent all day on Wednesday popping popcorn. I went through about 3lbs of kernels and made 12 gallon bags of popcorn! It may seem like a lot but with 35-40 people there, it doesn't seem like that much. I also have puffed popcorn for those who can't have tough kernels (my grandma and younger children).

No comments:

Post a Comment