Swidget 1.0

Friday, August 13, 2010

#13 - Oreo Truffles

I was put onto a wonderful baking website by a friend in a forum. This website is Bakerella. She has so many great ideas! On this sight, I found the recipe for Oreo Truffles.

I had originally planned on making them into footballs, but I just didn't seem to have the patience today to shape all of the truffles into little footballs. They kept looking like oblong blobs and I wasn't impressed with my food shaping skills.

If you're wondering why in the world I wanted to make footballs, it's because tomorrow is my first fantasy football draft. It's also the first pre-season Vikings game (the greatest NFL team ever! {in my opinion}).

The first photo was taken after I had rolled the truffles and started to dip them in almond bark. I don't have the best tools for dipping so they got a little on the "thick" side... I us a "Whisk Wizard" to help pull them out (in between the pot and pan) and I don't have a double boiler so I use a metal mixing bowl on top of my 2 quart pot... The truffles themselves also got quit big... I think I was sick of rolling them and my pan was getting full.

This second photo is of my finished dried truffles. I think they look pretty good! I haven't tried any though, because I don't care too much for chocolate things. Ed, my husband, is my taste-tester and he thinks they're great!

This is probably something I will make again and again, each time tweaking it so they get better and better. If I ever do make the footballs, I will be sure to post photos!

1 comment: