Swidget 1.0

Thursday, September 9, 2010

#40 - A real piece of work

We don't have many pieces of art in our house (we've been here 16 months and I still haven't hung our diplomas...).

I decided to share 2 sculpture/figurines that we have. This first one is a Willow Tree figurine. The name of this one is Together. It was given to us as a wedding gift. I will always remember our wedding when I look at this figurine. I hope to get more as our lives go along and we hit major milestones.

The second one is a sculpture that we got while we were on our honeymoon (a Caribbean cruise). I had found this in Cozumel, Mexico and was drawn to it. I find it so beautiful and sensual as well as romantic and intimate.

Both of these pieces are made of wood yet they are so different. I will remember our trip to the Caribbean when I look at this statue and think of the fun times we had.

We keep the Willow Tree figurine in the dining room with the light green walls. The Mexican one is in our downstairs living room which is full of warm colors (browns/oranges/reds). They each fit their rooms quite well.







No comments:

Post a Comment