Swidget 1.0

Friday, September 3, 2010

#34 - My little corner of the world

I am a housewife so the whole house is technically my workspace. So, I took a picture of my messy desk. This is where I sew and file things. I also keep my scrapbooking things here.

My brother made this desk for me back in 2005. It was a birthday present from him. It's a little rough around the edges, but it's still a nice desk.

My dad and I put a laminate top on it to help with the roughness. I hope to make a nice fabric skirt to cover the wood and possibly make storage underneath.

I also took a photo of Ed's desk because that's where he likes to be when he comes home. As a software developer, he spends a lot of time at his computer both at work and at home.

His desk is neat and clean... the way he likes it. I personally don't mind a little mess. I try to keep mine clean, but it's hard. When I clean up in other rooms, it end up in the office, on my desk. Then I will sort it later.

Maybe someday I will get my act together and be able to use the desk as a desk.

I also just took a photo of the room from the door. It's has his and her sides. His is the dark side, mine is the lighter side. It's also the messy versus the clean. This room won't always looklike this though. Eventually, when the time comes (when we have a baby), it will become a nursery. We don't have to worry about that for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment