Swidget 1.0

Monday, September 6, 2010

#37 - Hobby box

One of my favorite hobbies are crafts (another one is reading). I love crocheting. I finished a blanket for my niece about 6 week ago. You can see it here. This is a photo of my yarn box. I have been working on color bags for my nephew. I need to get them done so he can learn his colors. I get my patterns from Crafty Anna and her Etsy shop. They are very easy to understand and work through. I suggest you check them out if you like to crochet. Even if you don't know how, she uses basic stitches such as single crochet and double crochet.


I also like to do needle point. I've been working on some cross stitch for my niece. Here is a photo of a couple bibs that I made for her. They were printed on with blue ink. I have a counter cross stitch project that I need to work on as well.

Something I hope to start soon is a quilt. I'm going to attempt to make a t-shirt quilt. I have lots of t-shirts that I don't wear anymore. I would like to make it a king-size quilt. We only have one king-size blanket and it's a huge down comforter... way too much for summer. I want a lighter blanket for our bed. I hope I can catch on. I would love to start quilting quite a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment